Monday 26 August 2013

Nourish





As I walk, the sun kisses my face, the sand burns the souls of my feet
Yet gently surrenders as it moves beneath me. I breathe deeply in and out.
The cool breeze presses gently against my body as I walk on.
I feel my clothes mould against me, and my shoes are in hand.
I breathe in its salty fresh air deeply once more….
As I breathe out I sense I am home, like I have been here before.
I walk slowly toward the cool water, discarding my shoes.
I continue to walk, each step is emancipating, and my worries fade
I slip my dress over my head; my hair caresses my back as it falls.
Dress  discarded, I float towards the water following its calls
The waves flow smoothly onto the sand just before my toes.
Stepping forward my toes tingle with the cool water frothing
I step into the water, it moves around my ankles- inviting me deeper
Deeper, and deeper, I feel such divine surrender- surrounding, engrossing, enthralling…..
Oh my sweet water is so refreshing, replenishing and restoring.
A wave rises and falls onto my thigh- I gasp as it collides with my warm skin
Beckoning me to immerse myself, I dive under the next rolling wave
I begin my blissful floating in this cool, clear and cleansing water
Arms straight in front, I stretch, I feel the power of the wave wash over me
Tantalized, I arch my back and look up to the surface, and emerge
I feel the warmth of the sun on my face, I feel energy surge
I allow myself this pleasure, I desire it, yearn it over and over,
Again and again…. Until, finally I lay atop of rolling waves,

blissfully exhausted, ready to feel the sand beneath my feet once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment