Wednesday 22 January 2014

The Guitarist

You sit and play your guitar
Lost between two worlds
I venture back in time
as I listen to you play
oh, beautiful stranger
you don't belong in this time.
Young women playing flutes
dance gracefully before me
wearing white cotton dresses-
hair long and flowing...
Laughter and grace fills the air....
And still you play
I watch you caress the strings
Eyes closed you are so gentle
Peacefully you play....
Thank you for sharing
The message you are sending 
Is heard by me
in this chance meeting-
this beautiful reverie.
Photograph by +Tony Heyward Images 


2 comments:

  1. Oh!! I'd love to know who is playing the guitar in your poem?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a man who owned a factory (I know nothing more about him). I needed to do an Inspection for work. I walked upstairs into his office and it was filled with classical guitars....He was a nervous bloke- and he kept making mistakes when he was looking at my colleague and I...then he closed his eyes. That's what the poem then goes into. An amazing, beautiful soul stuck in the mundane of life at this time. I am grateful for the experience :)

      Delete