Saturday 28 June 2014

Night Runs- Stepping Closer

Stars bright in the dark sky
Not another person around
Freedom is in every step
echoing deeply, so deeply within.
Rhythm and energy move in unison
Feeling my blood pump
and my heart slightly raised
Oh, it is good to feel so alive!
And the owls sit quizzically
as they watch me pass by-
The bats fly from the fruit trees
surprised to feel me near.
The leaves on the trees
move slightly as I pass....
There is just so much life around
Feeling this energy,  I soar
Higher, and higher- what a buzz!
So sweet, so beautiful,
This is such a simple blessing...
The stars remind me how small we are
and just how large the universe is
I remember what I am grateful for
As I step slowly toward my life's purpose

Photo by +Tony Heyward 

No comments:

Post a Comment