Monday 30 December 2013

Ancient Melodies

Melodies distantly echo
somewhere deep within my mind
Eyes closed I float for a while
and relax into my slumber.....
Is this a dream? Should I awaken?
I sense something has changed.
I open my eyes. I feel my body tense
I am somewhere near trees....
somewhere I have never been....
seeing things I have never before seen....
hearing notes sung I have never before heard
'Go deeper' says a smooth soothing voice
I begin to relax 
I feel my skin grow cold as goosebumps form
the air suddenly damp and cool.....
Tingling on the top of my head,
light pressure between my eyes....
I slowly float toward the singing....
I am pulled by the power, lured by the grace.
I see a glow up ahead as the singing grows louder.
This is a dream I love, I say to myself
'Fear not, for you have the power'
I keep moving toward that beautiful melody
and I see:-
Many women sitting around a fire
in the dark of night.
Singing beautiful songs,
long hair wild and flowing,
faces beautifully aglow.
I seem invisible-
able to look on.
These women look to
the stars and sing their song-
joined together in perfect unison
Harmonies enter my ears
and echo in my mind.
Such haunting melodies
swirl in the dense night air.
Such sweet sounds linger
I sit behind them and close my eyes
I feel a smile creep across my face
as I allow myself to be caressed by the singing
I open my eyes- a woman stands before me,
confusion enters my mind- can she see me?
I feel myself standing up in her presence
She has such power, such grace I am overwhelmed
I bow my head in reverence....
I summon the courage to look forward
She looks me in the eyes
hers are as black as the night sky
Black round spot between her eyebrows
which is painted perfectly round.
We stand with our eyes locked
for what seems like an eternity.
She smiles at me and taps me on my back
Once more I am in my room, but....
with a vibrating warmth on my back,
which seeps through to my chest 
leaving a warm glow..... 
What a beautiful dream
What a beautiful sight
What beautiful sounds remain within my mind!


Art from 'The Path of Baraka' http://lasendadebaraka.blogspot.com.ar/




No comments:

Post a Comment